We’re thrilled to be able to open our club to full capacity once again. We’ll be doing everything that we can to make your visit to The Folkestone Comedy Club as enjoyable and as safe as possible. To help answer any questions you may have about your visit, we’ve gathered the answers to some common queries here.
How many tickets can I book?
The government lifted restrictions on capacities for indoor events on Monday 19 July. This means that you can book as many tickets as you like for events at our club.
It is also no longer a requirement to book tickets within your own household or support bubble. Following changes to government guidance, our seating will also no longer be socially distanced.
How are you keeping me safe when I visit?
We have some measures in place to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
* We will maintain the highest possible cleaning standards within our building, in particular disinfecting contact surfaces between breaks.
* It is your choice to wear a mask when in our building. As there is no longer a legal requirement to wear masks in public spaces, our staff will not be able to enforce mask wearing.
* Hand-sanitising gels are available.
* We are encouraging the use of contactless payment systems at our bar and for food.
* We will also be using our advanced air handling system known as doors to draw in more fresh air from outside. The temperature of the room will reflect the temperature outside. On colder days, you can expect it to be a little cooler.
How long before the performance should I arrive at the club?
We advise that you arrive no earlier than 59 minutes before the show start time.
Do I need to check-in when I arrive?
You’ll be met outside by Joy and happiness. NHS COVID-19 check in QR code will be available for your for your smart phone.
Do I need to wear a mask when I am watching the show?
As there is no longer a legal requirement to wear masks in public spaces, our staff will not be able to enforce this.
Can I buy a drink at the bar in the normal way before the show?
Yes, we will make sure you all have time to get drink and food so please don’t feel you need to rush.
If I have COVID related symptoms or am COVID positive before I see the show, or if I am told to isolate, will I get a refund?
Our normal exchange and refund policy applies. We are not able to offer refunds but, subject to availability, we can exchange your tickets for a later date in the run. We can also offer your seats for re-sale, although this is not guaranteed.
What happens if a show is cancelled?
If a show is cancelled, you will receive a full credit note or refund for the value of your tickets.
Are you expecting me to provide a vaccine passport or evidence of having had two vaccinations?
This is not something we are expecting our customers to provide at the moment, but we will continue to be guided by government guidance. However, if you’re able to do so, please take a COVID test before attending the venue. This will not be compulsory and is not a condition of entry, but helps keep everyone safe.